This brown bag (bring your own lunch) presentation is sponsored by the Wisconsin Evaluation Collaborative.
The Study of Iowa High Schools aims to evaluate Authentic Intellectual Work (AIW), Iowa’s novel, comprehensive, state-level initiative that provides students with rigorous and relevant learning experiences that align with Common Core State Standards. AIW has demonstrated potential; substantial empirical evidence suggests the potential efficacy of the program, although existing studies have significant shortcomings. We will share our experiences implementing this research project in partnership with practitioners in Iowa and collecting/analyzing population level data.
- Dr. Eric Camburn, professor and current chair of ELPA at UW-Madison, PI for the Study of Iowa High Schools
- Dr. Peter Steiner, associate professor in Ed Psych at UW, co-investigator
- Jaime Faus, senior project director at the UW Survey Center
- Rita Martens, Iowa Department of Education
- Tina Wahlert, AIW coach, TS Educational Leadership Consultants
- Susie Peterson AIW coach, TS Educational Leadership Consultants
- Hope Bossard, Project consultant